Having fun and getting drunk doesn’t mean you have to suffer the consequences. We would like to offer you some easy hangover cures. Simply, scientific and can help you prevent a nasty hangover as well as recover from it.
The best way to cure a hangover is to prevent it. Try and eat the following foods before going out:
1. Fatty foods – The fat helps to slow down the absorption of alcohol. If it takes longer for the alcohol to reach your blood stream, it won’t hit you at once, but rather at a steady flow so that you can control it before it becomes too much.
2. Asparagus – There are growing evidence to show that it contains key enzymes which can ease many of the symptoms associated with hangovers. Munch on some fresh asparagus before going out.
When you are drinking make sure that:
1. If you are feeling exhausted, have a toast, something sweet or anything that contain simple sugars. If you’ve been drinking too much, your liver will be busy doing damage control and metabolizing the alcohol, which means your blood sugar can drop to a level that makes you feel tired and annoyed.
2. You drink plenty of water, as most of the effects associated with hangovers are due to dehydration. Try and avoid mixing different types of drinks as this has been known to worsen hangovers.
If you are reading this post after the damage was done, here’s what you can do to get back on your feet quickly:
1. Eat bananas and eggs. The potassium in bananas and the amino-acid Cysteine found in large quantities in eggs can help you recover from a bad hangover much faster. Add some table salt to the eggs to replenish sodium levels in your body.
2. Fruit juice, not because of “vitamin C”, but due to the high sugar content (fructose speeds the metabolism of alcohol).
Stay clear of Aspirin, Tylenol and Ibuprofen. The combination of any of these with alcohol can result in liver damage and even stomach bleeding in extreme cases.